If you are thinking of installing landscape grass yourself, here’s how the professionals would do it.
- Remove any old grass.
- Level the surface and spread a generous amount of building sand across the surface (5 to 6 cm).
- Compact the sand, sprinkle with water and level so you are left with a nice even surface.
- Roll out a geo-textile (a permeable fabric used with soil to help separate, filter, reinforce, protect and drain) and then roll out the artificial grass.
- Depending on the size of your area, you may need to seam sections together. Use an artificial grass seaming tape or adhesive tape directly under the join.
- To enhance the wear and appearance, it is recommended that you spread silica sand on top of the grass and spread with a brush or broom. This helps increase the natural look and weight it down.
Interested in find out out more about landscape grass for your home or business? Click here for more information, or contact us today.